Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The uk.d-i-y quick quiz

In article ,
NY wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
A flag, red-head and a blonde.

Don't forget the Yashmak. ;-)

Not heard of a yashmak before - "let's have the blonde wearing the
yashmak over here and put the brute over there by the red-head" :-)

It's effectively a cloth french flag.

I was surprised when I was watching the filming of Lewis how often they
used lights outside a building shining in through the windows to
supplement the daylight: https://s8.postimg.org/wjx8afgc5/Pict7331.jpg
and https://s8.postimg.org/j309rtt8l/Pict9842.jpg - notice the blue
gels to balance the lights to be daylight coloured - I imagine it's
much easier to light the scene for daylight than than to light it for
tungsten and then have to put amber gels on any windows that are in
shot or that are lighting the scene.

It makes you independent of the actual daylight. Using the real sun could
also give continuity problems with shadows changing place within the room
- since things are rarely shot in either real time or story order.

HMI lights tend to be the order of the day on location due to being less
power hungary. But are closer to daylight than tungsten. Hence the filters
if tungsten are used where less powerful units are OK. The camera white
balance can be altered to suit anyway.

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW