Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default bloody Ikea

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 15/11/2017 14:19, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

You do seem to be getting rather bent out of shape because a
manufacturer
chose to update a product line without seeking your permission first.

damn right .....scumbags.....three years they only made parts available
after faktum went...bloody car manufacturers have them for 10 like Chevy
when they buggered off ......a kitchen is a big investment and you can't
change it every few years even if like me you did the whole thing
DIY.......I fitted a full kitchen in my utility room in 1996 I got from a
demolished church hall it wasn't new then and is still going
strong.....AVOID IEKA RUBBISH...........

Or failing that, find suitable doors from another supplier, and at a price
lower than ikea would have supplied them in the first place, and everyone
is happy.

Still, it seems like a good opportunity to do some DIY and make some
decent doors. Not difficult to come up with something a bit more classy
than your typical bit of MDF ;-)

Having being in the industry I take no pleasure in DIY I only do it to save
money and through the years have blagged all the material for anything I
have done for nothing...apart from that bloody Ieka kitchen in 2009
........so no, I'm in the middle of fixing the existing doors.......photos of
the damage and repairs to follow .......