Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bloody Ikea

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
As for Jim's problem, there is a company that makes doors to order for
those trying to do things on the cheap and use old units.

Why is it doing it 'on the cheap' if all you want to do is change the
look of the kitchen with new doors?

Because it is probably cheaper than replacing the whole kitchen. Say 10
doors at the £90/door someone mentioned. Where can you get a complete
kitchen for £900 ?

I'd hope it would be cheaper than buying a complete new kitchen. But I
can't see the point in replacing the lot if it is just the doors that need
replacing. Doing something 'on the cheap' suggests a bodge.

It also wasn't clear if Jim was replacing all his doors or just some
damaged ones- there was mention of hinge repair etc. If you only need a
few doors to replace damaged ones but match the others, using the custom
door makers (even at the £90 /door some have mentioned) may well be
attractive.

When I came to update my home made kitchen by fitting hew doors, the sizes
had changed from Imperial to Metric. ;-) The doors and drawer fronts I got
from one of the sheds - IIRC B&Q - are still good as new, though, after
quite a few years.

--
*Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.