Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default bloody Ikea

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
As for Jim's problem, there is a company that makes doors to order for
those trying to do things on the cheap and use old units.

Why is it doing it 'on the cheap' if all you want to do is change the
look
of the kitchen with new doors?

Because it is probably cheaper than replacing the whole kitchen. Say 10
doors at the £90/door someone mentioned. Where can you get a complete
kitchen for £900 ?

It also wasn't clear if Jim was replacing all his doors or just some
damaged ones- there was mention of hinge repair etc. If you only need a
few doors to replace damaged ones but match the others, using the custom
door makers (even at the £90 /door some have mentioned) may well be
attractive.

probably about half of the ten doors need replacing but I was going to do
them all until Ieka told me to go away and not to be silly as their three
years parts retention ended in June 2017 having stopped faktum in June 2014
..........and even then you had to pay carriage from bloody Germany....