Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default bloody Ikea

On 15/11/2017 12:56, tim... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/11/2017 16:47, tim... wrote:

"I hate Ikea" wrote in message
In 2009 I installed a complete Ikea Faktum System kitchen....I now
find I need new doors on most of the units.....went to Ikea tody and
found all their base and wall units are now 800mm high instead of
the old 700mm hight...*******S!......does anybody know if any place
can supplt new door fronts that will fit ?

Ouch a kitchen that only lasts 8 years

I think I'd be looking for another supplier

tim

Buy cheap/poor quality and you live to regret it. The kitchen we
replaced must have been 20 years old but it was still in good
condition, just 'dated'. Someone short on cash took it and reused it-
I expect they will get another decade plus out of it. It was a Roseby
- I assume the previous owners had fitted it. I swapped some of the
units around when we bought the house then we changed it about 8 years
ago. The replacement still looks new.

As for Jim's problem, there is a company that makes doors to order for
those trying to do things on the cheap and use old units.

ITYF it's not particularly "on the cheap"

I wasn't suggesting changing doors was cheap- he should have bought a
kitchen which would last. Jim is a cheapskate and cuts corners- ask him
about his laptops.

He wanted doors so I suggested a source.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud