Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default bloody Ikea

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/11/2017 16:47, tim... wrote:

"I hate Ikea" wrote in message
In 2009 I installed a complete Ikea Faktum System kitchen....I now find
I need new doors on most of the units.....went to Ikea tody and found
all their base and wall units are now 800mm high instead of the old
700mm hight...*******S!......does anybody know if any place can supplt
new door fronts that will fit ?

Ouch a kitchen that only lasts 8 years

I think I'd be looking for another supplier

tim

Buy cheap/poor quality and you live to regret it. The kitchen we replaced
must have been 20 years old but it was still in good condition, just
'dated'. Someone short on cash took it and reused it- I expect they will
get another decade plus out of it. It was a Roseby - I assume the previous
owners had fitted it. I swapped some of the units around when we bought
the house then we changed it about 8 years ago. The replacement still
looks new.

As for Jim's problem, there is a company that makes doors to order for
those trying to do things on the cheap and use old units.

ITYF it's not particularly "on the cheap"

Having doors made to fit comes in at a similar cost to buying a completely
new carcass and doors. Especially as for most people the worktops are as
worn out as the doors

You just save on the aggro of having your kitchen upside down for a week
(just a day instead)

tkim