Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Prop planes over Scotland

Was the sound like turbo prop or normal piston engines?
There are a lot of the prop planes built in Canada around these days on
some routes to the smaller airports. Some are two and some four engine and
normally short take off and landing designs.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Graeme" wrote in message

(Aberdeenshire) Quietly standing in the garden yesterday, hanging out
washing, when I heard an unusual noise and, looking up, saw a four engine
prop plane fly over the village from the north, then bank towards the
west. A few moments later, a second one did the same.

Was not wearing my specs, so could not say what type of aircraft they
were, or even details of markings. Unusual, though. The only planes we
normally see are occasional RAF fighter jets on practice or training
flights. Quite often see helicopters flying west to Balmoral, but nowhere
there to land a plane.

Any thoughts?
--
Graeme