Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

Default Rebooting radio in Santa Cruz mountains once a week via GitHub script?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 20:19:38 +0000 (UTC), harry newton
wrote:

If we wanted to automatically reboot our radios once a week, should we do
it with a GitHub script on the radio or do you know of a better way?

I use a AC lamp timer to power cycle everything:
https://www.intermatic.com/en/timer-controls
Pick your flavor, they all work. I've been using these:
https://www.intermatic.com/en/timer-controls/plug-in-timers/dt620mx
The main problem is that the tiny button batteries don't last long
enough.

The problem is that I don't trust software solutions to fix a problem
caused by an operating system or application that has gone insane. The
reset has to be done by something that won't be trashed, hung, or
become too busy, which means an external device or independent
"heartbeat" timer.

Before you complain about crashing your system by killing the power,
please note that if your stuff can't handle a power glitch or failure,
it doesn't deserve to be run unattended.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D