Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bloody Ikea

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 21:44:07 UTC, Iggy wrote:
replying to I hate Ikea, Iggy wrote:
I presume they blew-out because of abuse and improper use...I've never seen
the stuff destroy itself and have many examples of items 2 and 3-times as old
that are perfectly solid. But, Chris B's got it right, there are plenty of
Door and Drawer Front companies out there.

You can also drill-out the entire hinge attachment area to glue-in real wood
for re-drilling. Or, you can spin or flip, patch and re-drill them to double
their life. Once re-situated you can even glue the hinge cups and wings in. A
step further would be to drill the sides of the cups and install nails with a
nail-set.

In the end he either has the equipment to do what he needs or doesn't. So far he's yet to even bother telling us how the doors are constructed.