Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Rebooting radio in Santa Cruz mountains once a week via GitHub script?

If we wanted to automatically reboot our radios once a week, should we do
it with a GitHub script on the radio or do you know of a better way?
https://github.com/stevejenkins/unifi-linux-utils

We're on a classic small WISP outfit (2-man operation, maybe 100 homes) in
the Santa Cruz mountains, where, whenever we call for technical support,
they *always* tell us to reboot the radio - where - shockingly - often -
the performance goes up (don't ask me why or how - it just does).

So let's not argue the fact that our WISP Internet speeds are better (for
whatever reason) after we reboot our rooftop radios (which most of you
would call a "modem" but we call them transceivers, or just radios, for
short).

Let's just ask the question.

If we wanted to automatically reboot our radios once a week, can we do it
with a GitHub script on the radio or do you know of a better way?

For example, how does this GitHub script look to you Linux coders like
Marek Novotny and William Unruh?
https://github.com/stevejenkins/unifi-linux-utils