Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian[_9_] Adrian[_9_] is offline

Default Credit card receipt

In message , Bob Henson
writes

That happened to me for the first time a couple of months back. Before they
would honour our reservation, the Eliot Arms in South Cerney took my card
and put it in an envelope in the till. Bearing in mind this is a quite
upmarket area, I was extremely surprised. Naturally, we will never go there
again, not anywhere else that does that - I refuse to be assumed guilty
until proved innocent! Had we not had hungry friends with us, I would have
made my views known in no uncertain manner and walked straight out. As it
was I paid first and then made my views known.

I was stopping in a pub earlier this year where they did that. They had
been getting several runners a week (easily £100 a time). It doesn't
take many of those to cause major cash flow problems. Sadly it doesn't
matter how up market an area is, there are thieves at all levels.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see: