Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Credit card receipt

On 14/11/2017 13:51, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Robin wrote:

A local pub/restaurant takes your card from you when you arrive. Seems
that is getting common.

Do you mean to "pre-authorize" - in the same way that most hotels do
when you book in? If so, I can't recall when it was last done
otherwise than in front of me - usually with a wireless card terminal.

They take your card and put it in a locker. And give you the (a) key. When
you wish to pay the bill you present the key and they get your card for
you. This was when having a meal outside in the garden. The pub is very
close to Wandsworth prison, so perhaps they get some dodgy people in
there. ;-)

we're some miles from that particular prison, but the same applies. At the
end the usual question is "do you wish to use this card to pay your bill?"

Do they check before putting the card away that it's not blocked?

--
Robin