Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Adhesive over pipe

On 14/11/2017 14:12, V Man wrote:
Thank you for help guys, seems like battens is way to go.

However I came across PU Plasterboard adhesive foam like Everbouild pink grip or Soudal and accordiong to their Tech Support it can be used in this case.Wont affect the pipe and can stand temperature up to 80 C.

I just wonder if anyone have experience with this kind of product ?

No experience with the product but if you go down that route perhaps
temporarily screw some scrap pieces of wood to the front of the
plasterboard patch that overlap the width of the patch so that you
cannot push the patch in beyond the surface of the existing plasterboard.

While the foam is setting perhaps screw these scrap pieces of wood to
the existing wall so the patch doesn't move.

Consider also that a long run of pipe may/will move when constantly
cycling between cold and hot and maybe cause on medium to long term
mechanical failure of the bond.