Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Damaged laminate flooring over underfloor heating

On 14/11/2017 09:41, Bert Coules wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

If you have a similar plank, then its fairly "safe", since you can use
that to set the depth of cut on the saw. That way you can make sure
you go no deeper than the plank.

I'd have preferred it if you hadn't chucked in that "fairly"! Yes, this
does seem the way to do it, except that my only circular saw is a
massive and unwieldy beast of a thing and not exactly a precision
instrument any more, so I'm thinking of acquiring a small plunge saw

You don't really need precision for the hacking out part of the exercise ;-)

purely for this job. There seem to be several reasonable-looking budget
models around, such as the 18V cordless Bakita:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cordless-Li...i+circular+saw

(Short version: https://tinyurl.com/ya3cmtj8 )

I realise of course that you get what you pay for, but for an immediate
one-off task (and only the very occasional job (if that) in the future)
it seems OK to me to go for something like that. As long as the depth
gauge is reliable...

That kind of thing looks ideal, although note that particular one can
only cut 12mm, and some posher laminates a slightly more than that
(although most are less to be fair).

--
Cheers,

John.