Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Fence orientation

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

here is a good one ...in a stepped cavity wall semi detached where would
your neighbor start building?...they ALWAYS get it wrong ...think about it

I'm not quite sure what that is, but my semi is about 5 bricks
higher than my neighbour. We have happily agreed our boundary
line on the ground is exactly on the geometric centreline of the
party wall.

However, what I presume is my roof naturally overhangs the upward
projection of the party wall, so is probably a good foot or so
over this line.

If it ever comes down to maintaining the verges, I have two and
my neighbour just one.

I suppose it is much the same for many terraces on sloping sites
- a sort of minimal flying freehold.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK