Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 13 November 2017 17:29:02 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:04:54 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

although the department did
have one of those autotransformers installed a few years ago they
are
meant to save money by reducing the voltage slightly I think.

That will make matters worse in this circumstance.

yes I know so why were we conned into having one.

Because the people making the decisions didn't know enough about basic
science?

or their priorities were keeping the costs down or saving money or
getting promoted, or that once the lectures offices got enough heat, just
extent the heating system further and any heat left would end up in the
teaching labs, which I think is basically what happened. Tbe teachingmlabs
werenlt consideredd important in 1955 or there abouts.

They were here. Like I said, you fools ****ed everything and still do.

Here;s one of the first pictures I've seen of the lab not sure of the
year, so if anyone has any ideas... I think late 50s early 60s rather
than 40s
This area is now two offices, previosuly it was about 15-20% of the
student lab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35ntzcnna5...1940s.jpg?dl=0

(also not going to help reduce costs either since the heaters will
just
need to run longer to provide the required energy transfer).

Yep we all know this but those in charge obviously didnt they just saw
saving on electric and no doubt anyone saving money will get promoted.

See above. I have 25l of top quality 'Snake oil' here they can buy off
me if they want? ;-)

Nah that's OK I know how important snake oil is, and we haven't got any
squeeky snakes to oil, obviously your snakes squeek more than ours it
seems ;-P

25L thought it was 251 which is actually the number of the teaching lab,
well 251, 253 & 255 are the teaching labs in this area