Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Credit card receipt

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Robin wrote:

A local pub/restaurant takes your card from you when you arrive. Seems
that is getting common.

Do you mean to "pre-authorize" - in the same way that most hotels do
when you book in? If so, I can't recall when it was last done
otherwise than in front of me - usually with a wireless card terminal.

They take your card and put it in a locker. And give you the (a) key. When
you wish to pay the bill you present the key and they get your card for
you. This was when having a meal outside in the garden. The pub is very
close to Wandsworth prison, so perhaps they get some dodgy people in
there. ;-)

we're some miles from that particular prison, but the same applies. At the
end the usual question is "do you wish to use this card to pay your bill?"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England