Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fence orientation

In article ,
pamela wrote:
On 10:37 14 Nov 2017, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I remember building a garage with the wall on the
boundary.....the neighbor then built a fence lined with board on
both sides flush with the wall....I just considered the fence to
be mine as it was all over the boundary....tee hee

Trying to picture that. Your wall is on the boundary, yet his
fence was over it?

Chris

Seems like a cheeky neighbour. How did he build it without coming
onto the poster's land?

Neighbours can be a bit irrational. 'My' wall in the rear garden was made
from cast in situ concrete. I'd guess original Victorian. Most of it was
still good apart from the higher part between the two houses, which was
leaning and rather scruffy. Had just that bit re-built in blockwork and
rendered to match the good other bit. Neighbour didn't want my workmen in
his garden to render their side. Which looks pretty odd as they used
assorted odd bricks on the top to get to the right height.

--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.