Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT Let's see how many young ones turn up today.

On 13/11/2017 23:07, wrote:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 20:29:54 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
But parts are tax-deductable; kebabs aren't.

Scouts arent taxed.

Adam is though, so reimbursement of kebab would usually be taxed at source.

I doubt Adam is employed by the scouts.

And if his "day job" employer had reimbursed the cost of a kebab while
he was working for them then (given he seems to me peripatetic[1]) I
don't see why the reimbursement would be earnings. Nolder v Walters etc
apply.[2]

That leaves where his employer reimburses the cost of a kebab for his
work with the scouts. I'd reckon even HMRC would be content to treat
that as a charitable donation to the scouts which the scouts used to
reimburse Adam for his generous efforts

[1] I say that knowing Adam is an erudite man. I once said the same to
a bricklayer and had rapidly to rephrase it

[2] IIRC the government proposed to do away with tax relief for "day
subsistence" for all employees but, unless I've missed it, has so far
only acted on people working through personal service companies and
intermediaries.

--
Robin