Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Credit card receipt

On 14/11/2017 11:06, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 10:29:58 AM UTC, Chris B wrote:
On 14/11/2017 10:16, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 23:31:42 +0000, Bill wrote:

In theory, you should never let your card out of your hand. But there are
some smaller retailers where it's "arranged" that the cashier has to take
your card to put in the machine.

I've heard this advice many times but its not only "smaller retailers"
it is "every" restaurant chain in the US that disappears with your card
for 5 minutes when making up the final payments slip.

--
Chris B (News)

But surely they still need your pin?

In the states PINs don't come into it - they still use signatures on
paper. (I think PINs might be slowly coming in but when I was last
there in 2016 I never used the PIN once).

They disappear with your card. Come back with a chit for basic cost of
the meal. You add the tip and sign. (usually 2 copies one for them and
one for you). They collect the chit with the final amount you have
authorised. You walk out.

When processing a transaction once the customer hs entered the pin tha card and pin are checked and if ok a clearance code given.

--
Chris B (News)