Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adhesive over pipe

On 14/11/17 10:43, V Man wrote:
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 10:12:45 AM UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
V Man explained :
Can I use plasterboard adhesive over copper pipes to cover them with
plasterboard (dot n dab) after boiler relocation?

Unlikely, the plaster will crack due to movement of the pipes -
expansion and contraction as they heat and cool.

hi

Thanks for advice but Im not sure which plaster will crack?
But if that the case what would be the best way to cover them pipes.

There is a block wall with dot and dabbed plasterboard. Plumber chased the plasterboard in to hide pipe in cavity between block and plasterboard.

Now I need to cover it and not sure what product to use

build a free standing box clear of the pipes - uses 'sticks like ****',
batten and plasterboard. Fill inside with rockwool if the pipes are noisy

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)