Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What is the color code for a -10 ohm resistor

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:19:46 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Wholey (and entirely) SH*T!!

Methinks thou doth protest too much...

Negative Resistor:
One (any) resistor in parallel with any other resistor - the
net is less than either.

I beg to differ. The positive or negative sign refers to the V/I
(Volts divided by Amps) curve, which of an ordinary, normal, and
rather boring resistor is positive. However, various components and
circuits will produce a negative slope, and therefore a negative
resistance, usually over a small range of voltages and currents.
Putting two resistors in parallel produces a different V/I slope
value, but does not magically change the sign of the slope from
positive to negative.

That, ladies and gentlemen, and
children of all ages, would be a 'negative' resistor.

There are few ladies and no children that read this newsgroup. I
think it's safe to say that none of the active participants could be
considered gentlemen by any standard. Perhaps you could do better if
you address the audience of engineers, who might find it rather
disagreeable to be conglomerated with the ladies, children, and
gentlemen of leisure.

Full stop.

In California, we do a rolling stop.

--