Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Which knot?

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:49:37 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 18:57:21 UTC, T i m wrote:

So, a cat has 'special needs' and needs 'understanding' before it can
make a good 'companion animal'? Great (not).

To get along well with any human or animal requires some understanding of them from you.

Not so much dogs though eh ... as it is in their DNA to be 'mans best
friend'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_co..._communication

Odd that you appear to have not learnt that.

Odd to you because you think the behaviour of cats is perfectly
acceptable for a 'companion animal'. I do not.

Now I know I'm playing devils advocate here as I'm sure there are a
good few cats that are very good natured and laid back etc. However,
they are still basically wild animals and I understand, most (all but
the youngest, oldest and infirm possibly) could probably survive on
their own in the wild.

Therefore, it's quite easy to see why they are typically more
independent of humans and that's great if you don't actually want an
animal you have to be responsible for, 24/7 but to me, that is exactly
what a true companion animal is. If I wanted independence and / or not
to be part of each others life I'd get a tortoise. ;-) [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] And that's exactly why when our last (rescue) dog dies we didn't
get another because we know just how much responsibility we have to
and how much time we would want to spend with, a dog. So, if we
couldn't get another dog we didn't want anything else (the rabbits are
officially our daughters, live round my Mums and whilst it's good to
think they (are now) having a good life, they aren't a true 'companion
animal' in my eyes ... but they are obviously a good pet to / for
many). ;-)