Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bitrex Bitrex is offline

Default Nice antique store find

On 11/07/2017 07:04 PM, bitrex wrote:
Picked this up at an antique store in Providence, RI over the weekend:

https://imgur.com/a/AH0k7

International Radio Corp Kadette 52 tabletop tombstone radio. The
enclosure is in OK shape given the age but the electronics chassis looks
immaculate; looks like the original set of tubes and has never been
worked on. Power and output transformers both test good on my bench.
Paid $40 cash.

http://web.eecs.umich.edu/~srs/Antiques/templ.php?pid=147&collection=Radios

Been an interesting repair so far. In that I haven't finished removing
the chassis from the enclosure, yet. Most of the screws securing it have
rusted and have stuck fast to their threads, including all the screws
holding on the dial knobs. But there's no sign of other water damage
anywhere; looks like it just happened from atmospheric moisture and time.

I doubt this thing has ever been opened up since it was manufactured, or
nearly so.