Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Let's see how many young ones turn up today.

On 12 Nov 2017 12:32:42 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:45:52 +0000, Graeme wrote:

In message , ARW
writes
In this case I am referring to the Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorer
Scouts and maybe some of their parents from my local area.

Being part of the parade, and service afterwards, was as good as
compulsory in my day. I don't think it had to be compulsory though - it
was just something people did.

I used to do it every year as part of the Royal Marine Cadets. WE did
Trfalgar day too (twice, actually travelling from Brighton to Trfalgar
Square).

I was (reluctantly, parents idea) in the Cubs then had a few weeks in
the Scouts but found all the inflexibility in what they did (and the
level they did it, potentially at the beginning) very frustrating. The
same happened with our daughter and the Brownies.

The only time I really remember from all my time in either was a camp
at Gilwell Park and sailing on The Broads (that I did with the family
anyway).

However, if you aren't / weren't lucky enough to do stuff with your
family or be fully entertained 24/7 doing your own stuff (as I was), I
can see how it is / was a very good thing. ;-)

Cheers, T i m