Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Which knot?

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:56:41 -0800 (PST), wrote:

snip

[1] From the photos they showed me it looked like the pig had gone
into a coma after getting a good 'scratching'. ;-)

Your loss I guess

What, for them not bringing the pig home? If it were that or a cat ...
you would have been right. ;-)

But if you *are* talking about cats, you are very wrong mate and
that's something I've *learned* over 61 years now.

Ok, I could keep snakes, piranha, or a monitor lizard but I would be
considered 'reckless' if I let anyone near them (or them near any of
them, like keeping piranha in my swimming pool), without suitable
training, warning or protective equipment.

But apart from not wanting any of the above because of the risk to
others, I wouldn't consider any of them a true 'companion animal' as I
would say (typically) a dog (probably the ultimate of such). Even a
pot-bellied-pig, lama, goat or horse could become a 'good companion',
especially if hand reared etc but again, it's not so easy to take your
companion lama on the train or share the sofa with a horse.

But at least none of those are likely to just attack (bite / scratch)
their 'companion' human, or their humans friend, simply for stroking
them 60 seconds too long. ;-(

And yes, I know horses can bite and pigs can be very protective of
their young but again, they don't generally just 'lash out' for no
good reason, good reason by 'our' standards of 'a friend / companion'.

I don't hate cats, I just don't think they serve any purpose, outside
maybe catching mice on a farm (and wild birds and voles etc). It's the
very arrogance you seem to cite and accept from them that convinces me
they aren't for me (or many people looking for a true companion
animal').

Ok, if you can't have a dog, have something else but if you really
want a *dog*, a cat isn't a substitute (AIMHO of course). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If you really are a 'car whisperer' there is a very good chance
you could get your own TV show and earn a fortune from the 'carers' of
many cats who would like come say in the matter. ;-)