Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Damaged laminate flooring over underfloor heating

On 13/11/2017 11:34, Bert Coules wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Do you have a spare plank?

If so, cut the existing one out (circular saw set to depth of plank).
Cut inside the perimeter all round. Then break out the remaining
edges. Level or fix the floor under, then fit new plank having chopped
off the underside of the grove so that it can be dropped into place on
a bed of adhesive and weighted down til set.

Thanks for that. The idea of sawing through the laminate, even with the
saw set to its thickness, is rather daunting - just as the professional
fitter I consulted was daunted by drilling into it - but I can see that
it might be the best approach.

If you have a similar plank, then its fairly "safe", since you can use
that to set the depth of cut on the saw. That way you can make sure you
go no deeper than the plank.

--
Cheers,

John.