Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@loampitsfarm.co.uk is offline

Default Soldering fuel tank patch

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:53:17 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

You don't want to use acid pickling if the inside surface still has
resin remains as the acid won't remove them but may track underneath
and cause further corrosion.

As the I can feel the broken remains of resin in the seams through
the level sender hole I realise I cannot get the resin out of the
narrow sections, also as the tank leaks the resin may have been
effective once but has failed.

This is another reason for attempting an external repair.

If I can successfully tin the 2 small areas of steel with the holes in
them I will be able to solder a preformed bit of copper over it.

So back to the soldering iron question...

AJH