Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ilandrio@gmail.com is offline

Default Anyone know anything about power steering on a backhoe?

On Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 5:53:38 AM UTC-5, Karl Townsend wrote:
I have almost the same model hoe with a complete set of manuals. Can
copy a few pages and email if you need.

You're describing an O ring or backup ring failure in the stearing
cylinder. If true, it should go back and forth nicely with front tires
off ground. This is an easy repair. If that's not it, crack the hose
line on each side of stearing cylinder. Oil should spurt when you try
to turn - this is a poor man's pressure check. If you're not getting
flow - hire a real mechanic.

If you need more send your email request to
karltownsendATembarqmail.com

Karl

hello im hopping you still have this email address
i was looking to see if someone can help me with the same problem as the guy on here but just a little different...... i drained the fluid out of all my tanks and now the power steering dont work and also the swing on the backhoe. i have a 70's model case IH 3400A everything else works but those tow things and it was working good before i drained the oil can you please help me
my email is ilandrio at yahoo .com