Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default OT Let's see how many young ones turn up today.

On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 12:59:05 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
On 12/11/2017 10:52, wrote:
On Sunday, 12 November 2017 09:25:16 UTC, ARW wrote:
[1] I'll tell you when I get back about the "new" parent that gave an
evenings help as we needed an extra adult.

Fit, was she?

Male actually.

Our Beavers have new rules due to the lack of helpers.

"One parent must agree to attend and help out one week out of eight or
their child will not be allowed to join"

Well one Dad came down to help out, but before coming down he emailed
Louise to say that he was only helping out because he was forced to and
was turning up under protest.

He did the one night under protest (dressed like a **** in a suit) but
he enjoyed it, figured out how much work goes into it running the place
and then volunteered for the vacant treasurers job.

So we now have a fully qualified accountant doing the books for free...

The first thing he asked after checking the books was "Adam, you have
taken £3.70 out of petty cash, bought a kebab with it and put the
receipt for the kebab back into petty cash with a note on the back of it
saying "Love from Adam XXX" Why?"

"Well it took me 2 hours to fix the Scout hut boiler and there is a
kebab shop next to the Scout hut and I was hungry OK?"

Bit of a cheek ragging on others for not contributing their time and then robbing the Scouts to finance your lunch.