Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Which knot?

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:22:14 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:58:15 +0000
T i m wrote:

Whilst I don't like to see any animal suffering (I even let / usher
wasps out of the house),

I just catch them in my hand to put them out.

Oh ... and never been stung Rob?

I wouldn't bother but SO
is a bit worried about them.

As is our daughter (who generally cares for all 'living things') but
since 'granny' assured her that 'wasps won't sting you if you keep
still' ... and she did and one did, she kills any that get in her way.

about the only animal that I have never owned
that has caused me the most damage / mess / clearup is the (other
peoples?) cat.

One doesn't own a cat.

According to the law (as least) you do ... (sometimes) ... especially
if I deprive someone of it etc. ;-(

We have one that has adopted us - he's supposed
to live next door but apparently our house is better, although he's a
strange grumpy beast.

Aren't they all? weg

Daughter rescued a couple of rabbits a couple of years ago and then a
third fairly recently. One of the original two died (over 10 years old
we estimated) so she replaced it with another, rescued by the RSPCA
from a 'bad' pet shop.

After a very slow / gentle introduction (following all the std
advice), all was looking good between them all till one morning she
found the new (and fairly large) rabbit with a bit ripped out of the
end of it's ear (probably by the smallest one of the group). We took
it to the vets tonight, not only to check the wound but to check the
process she was using re the introduction and all was well. Apparently
these nice gentle wabbits can be pretty violent, sometimes fighting to
the death! ;-(

It when you see how far they can throw something, or what they can
lift or bite though do you realise how gentle they are generally being
with us!

.... Unlike cats, that will scratch or bite you, even when you are
being nice to them. ;-(

Cheers, T i m