Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drunken animals (was Which knot?)

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:43:19 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 10/11/2017 17:54, jim wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
On 10/11/2017 14:43, wrote:

I've worked with ferals before - he's only semi feral. I've had him
purring in my lap before now, but he won't come too near me as he
knows I want to capture him.

In the Archers, they gave the pheasants grain soaked in alcohol, then
scooped them up when they were out cold.

That's Roald Dahl!

It's a lot older than that.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/ne...T18810404.2.18

puts it back to 1881, and I have a feeling it was an old story then.

Dahl also had the greyhound with ginger up its arese. Not sure how old
that is.