Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default nuisance trip central vac breaker

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:44:02 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to Clare Snyder, Iggy wrote:
Thanks for the very helpful information. Although, not tripping every time may
not be related to the breaker and the breaker is handling the normal operation
fine, when it's present. I think a call to Cana-Vac may be in order, even if
it's just to confirm the need for a high-magnetic breaker.

Bean there, Nothing wrong with the motor (confirmed with Ametec/Lamb
- the manufacturer of the motor)

I presumed it was new and filtered, so it shouldn't be dirty or worn bearings.
However, an intermittent trip may be pointing to a short in the branch wiring
or the power-head impeller being jammed or defective motor windings. One or
more of these could be the cause of your problem, if the Beam was similar in
energy usage. New doesn't mean flawless.

No electric power head - and any short in the supply wiring would trip
the breaker with or without the vac turned on. The Beam was an itty
bitty little brother to the CanaVac - with a 5.7 inch Lamb motor, and
it never ran oin the breaker, as I changed from fuse panel to breaker
panel after replacing the vac. It was on a slow-blow "fusetron" for
over 30 years.

We'll know in a couple weeks if the high magnetic breaker has solved
the problem