Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default help with pub quiz needed

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:23:42 +0000, T i m wrote:

In fact I wondered how often that sort of situation comes up on the
likes of Mastermind or University Challenge and assuming they aren't
live, how often (therefore) they have to stop for verification?

A friend of mine got into an argument with Jeremy Paxman on one of the
Christmas University Challenge programmes (the ones with academics on the
teams).

The answer given by Jamie was UNIX, but Paxman insisted it was Linux, and
wouldn't allow it. I believe the discussion and clarification took about
10 minutes. The re-done version was broadcast, and Paxman couldn't resist
saying "or Linux".

https://youtu.be/tZTWvBDbQoM?t=9m8s