Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default OT Let's see how many young ones turn up today.

On 12/11/2017 09:25, ARW wrote:
In this case I am referring to the Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorer
Scouts and maybe some of their parents from my local area.

Last years attendance was appalling.

I accept that turning up is voluntary, but so is the work some people
put in 52 weeks of the year to allow the groups to exist just to babysit
the kids one evening a week.[1]

I am expecting a good result from the Explorers this year.

[1] I'll tell you when I get back about the "new" parent that gave an
evenings help as we needed an extra adult.

Most have some desirable evening activity with a sleep-over to
'encourage' attendance!

I suppose sleep-overs are problematic with children and current paranoia.