Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Let's see how many young ones turn up today.

"ARW" wrote in message
news
In this case I am referring to the Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorer
Scouts and maybe some of their parents from my local area.

Last years attendance was appalling.

I accept that turning up is voluntary, but so is the work some people put
in 52 weeks of the year to allow the groups to exist just to babysit the
kids one evening a week.[1]

I am expecting a good result from the Explorers this year.

Only because you used cattle prods on them last year...

[1] I'll tell you when I get back about the "new" parent that gave an
evenings help as we needed an extra adult.