Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why are 12v battery chargers to unreliable

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 09:34:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

My 2x100W Grape Solar panels arrived and are producing 140W right now,
9AM EST, equal to or slightly more than the APC1400, this laptop, its
19" external monitor and the fridge consume on average, according to
charge and discharge wattmeters. They are already at their rated MPP
current with the sun only 15 degrees up.

Congrats! They sound efficient at that angle.

I bent up some replacement brackets (decided to raise the bottom 3" to
get the proper tilt, so had to lengthen the top 6 with no metal
stretcher at hand) for the solar panels yesterday and then spent far
too long removing the scale from the damned things. Now to clean and
cold-galv spray them. It's going to rain here all week, so get ready
downstream, guys.

--
America rose from abnormal origins. The nation didn't grow organ-
ically or gradually from indigenous tribes--like, say, the French