Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default nuisance trip central vac breaker

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 00:14:05 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to Clare Snyder, Iggy wrote:
Interesting, I hadn't run into a need for that type of breaker. If not too
difficult though, I wouldn't want anything running that close to capacity and
would change the circuit to 20-amp on both ends with 12-AWG. I've seen a few
wire insulation melts and cracked receptacles with stuff running that close.

When actually running, the Kill-a-watt reads 7.8 amps with the hose
connected, and up to 11 amps running on open circuit(no restriction)
Nowhere near the limit for running - and NO WAY I'm fishing a 12awg
cable in - it was enough of a problem pulling in the 14, and I was
over 30 years younger when I did that!!!