Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Eliminate 'splinters'

On 2017-11-11, Bill wrote:

Just curious, did you use pressure treated lumber?

No.

I'm wondering whether the choice of wood that was used was suitable,
but I have no experience to offer.

Thanks fer the attempt.

I was wondering the same thing. I jes bought the cheapest 1X4's
(3-3/8"X3/4") I could afford and screwed them to the 3/4" plywood.
Not elegant, but effective.

The splinters are small, but deep. I got out 2/3rds of the first one,
jes let the reamaining 1/3 go. I'm starting to do the same with this
last splinter. Screw it, it's in deep and doesn't hurt, too bad. In
the future, I'll start wearing gloves when dealing with that
particular door. 8|

nb