Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default washers/cisterns

PeterC wrote:

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:04:47 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

I'd dearly love to see a rubber washer for a (metal as opposed to
plastic) tap connector. Where on earth do you get such a thing?

ISTR that when I fitted my new loo the connection was a face seal and a
shower-hose rubber washer was OK. If the inlet is plastic the tightness is
limited by he thread. To stop it squeaking/binding I used a thin smear of
Bosswhite or similar, so that I didn't over/under tighten due to friction.
It's been OK for about 8 years now.

That works if you use a flexible hose, but is there a brass pipe fitting
like that? I've only seen traditional tap connectors. And I'd use
silicone on the plasic, I don't think the flexifble pipes ever work
loose, and leakage isn't via the thread.

--

Roger Hayter