Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Damaged laminate flooring over underfloor heating

In message , Bert
Coules writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

The underfloor heating pipes should not run under the kitchen units
anyway.

Is that relevant? The part of the flooring which might need to be
drilled is not under the kitchen units and so has the UFH pipes
directly beneath it.

Sorry. I hadn't looked at your photo. Do you know what type of boards
were used for the underfloor piping? I'm using the EPS version and
wouldn't risk laying laminate directly on top.

I guess your floor fitters used a butt joint instead of the tongue
and groove supplied.

I don't see how that can be the case, since the depression occurs only
over one small part of the entire length of the plank.

The original ground floor set up here was 25mm Jablite over concrete
with 18mm glued joint chipboard flooring. There was one heavily
trafficked place where the floor squeaked. I haven't stripped this out
yet but I suspect the flooring joint happens to coincide with the joint
in the insulation.

--
Tim Lamb