Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT Unreported nuclear accident in Russia?

Sounds like a bit of a non event to me. They did not say what this isotope
is normally used for so what might have released it is hard to suggest. It
does of course show how sensitive our measuring devices now are.
I do know for example that in the Channel Islands they have large
monitoring systems since the French have a large reactor in close proximity
to them, and they have always bee afraid that if an accident did happen
there, they would be first in line to find out about it.
Incidentally that page is strange as although its in English on a French
web site my screenreader switches in to French for bits of the english text
which meant I had to switch off language switching to hear it. Sounds like a
coding error.
Brian

--
----- -