Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Volker Borchert Volker Borchert is offline

Default Why are 12v battery chargers to unreliable

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 20:56:07 -0600, Ignoramus30995
wrote:

I am personally not even asking for much, just a weatherproof device
that keeps the battery mostly charged and not overcharged.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate anything useful that
could survive being out in the weather.

Build one into a Penguin case with weatherproof leads?

I'm still using my dad's old 5A un-weatherproof louvered metal box.

Put your favourite one under an upturned mortar trough for outdoor use.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert