Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Roy Underhill injured again.

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 9:32:07 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Sonny" wrote in message

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 4:24:19 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Roy himself jokes about it... His Y2K Tool Kit was in fact a small first
aid
kit. The contents include aspirin, alcohol wipes, iodine ointment,
adhesive
bandages... I just checked and all the contents in mine are out of
date...
;~)

I reposted some photos to ABPW... did it back in 2005 but they are
probably
long gone!

Looks awfully clean, no open packages, no blood anywhere.

My in-shop first aid kit consists of a roll of paper towels and a needle to
remove splinters.... and some beers in the frig.

This first-aid kit resides inside a hand-cut dovetailed box along with
things like a Norm Abram autographed biscuit, L-N balsa wood glider, and
other oddities I've acquired over the years... I knew Roy at Colonial
Williamsburg when I worked there in the mid-80s and have encountered him
occasionally over the years. For example, he participated in my club's
woodworking show and also did a special program with us. He is fun to be
around... funny but serious about what he is doing. The Y2K Tool Kit is a
nice reminder of good times.

An autographed Norm Abram biscuit is the best thing I've heard in a long time.