Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Which knot?

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:25:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 20:22:34 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 18:29:02 UTC, tabby wrote:

I need to capture a half-feral cat with a serious medical problem. I have a large wire cage that's not designed to be used as a trap. If I tie string/rope to the open door, pass it through the wire cage and run it along the ground, it would be possible to wait and pull the string once the cat enters. This won't work unless the door closes and at the same time a knot ties it shut. The knot needn't hold long, 10 seconds against a large strong cat should do the job. Question is, what knot should I use?

Good news: 2 cage-traps are now in place, and hopefully a 3rd will be tomorrow. Thanks for all the ideas, this time it didn't end up diyed, which is unusual. Was able to find a farm supplier in the area.

More good news: he's been captured. He's doing fine, and is currently sleeping after a major eatfest.

Whilst I don't like to see any animal suffering (I even let / usher
wasps out of the house), about the only animal that I have never owned
that has caused me the most damage / mess / clearup is the (other
peoples?) cat.

Two have slashed the wallpaper in the downstairs toilet after climbing
in the window and falling into the toilet itself and the number of
times I've trodden in their sh1te in my *private / enclosed* back
garden and worse on my vegetable patch ... plus the damage done to
(covered) motorcycle saddles and scratches on the roofs of the cars.

Glad you took another one off the streets ... if only it would stay
off the streets ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m