Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default help with pub quiz needed

"TimW" wrote in message
news
It's my team's turn to be quizmasters and it isn't considered good form to
just get the questions from a book or off of a website. I need two rounds
of ten questions each.

I am thinking of a round on brexit and the EU but not sure I can think of
10 interesting facts on my own. Any contributions?

Or a round on trades, tools and terms as in I give you a word or phrase
and you say what trade it's associated with, so like
Q - Stillson wrench A - Plumber
Q - pressing ham A - Tailor
but need 10 of them.

I'm guessing being in Cambridge if you had a round on "London Underground"
half the room would groan and the other half cheer (quietly of course)

and then you come up with a list of questions that no-one carries around in
their head, but which are all guessable and countable.

So, using the names on the official London underground map (and only
considering underground lines, not the tram or overground)
1) which letter of the alphabet has the most names starting with that letter
2) ignoring those letters with zero, the least names (assuming there is only
one answer to these questions)
3) how many underground stations include Road as part of the name
4) Street as part of the name
5) how many names include an apostrophe
6) a hyphen
7) an ampersand
8) which station name has the most letters (and punctuation marks)
9) the least letters
10) which station is served by the largest number of lines.

But I guess that a par score of zero is not a very good discriminator of
teams :-)

(and no I know none of the answers without checking - except 10)

Bugger there are two with 4 letters!

tim