Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Sockets on Different Phases ?

Andrew Mawson wrote

When I've wired runs of 240v single phase 13A sockets in
various buildings on the farm I've always put them all on
one phase so that there is no danger of 415v phase to phase
accidents when using things on leads - am I being paranoid ?

Yep. I have outlets on more than phase on it works fine
when you lose just one phase, you don't lose everything.

I'm currently wiring up a Tractor Shed with runs of 13A sockets on
opposite walls 40 foot apart. It would be convenient to put them
on different phases not only to balance the load but also to free up
a 'way' in the breaker box. But this goes against my natural instinct.

..... what does the team think ?

It'll be fine, and there is no team.