Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Coffee makers...

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:26:55 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

On 11/9/2017 10:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/9/2017 9:58 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 8:11:10 PM UTC-8, J.Albert wrote:
I've got an old Mr. Coffee maker that needs to be replaced.

Has anyone bought one recently that they're pleased with?

I don't really need a high-capacity version.
4-6 cups is all that's needed (actually, 4 or less).

Â* I find 8 o'clock brand beans at WM make a very good cup of coffee . I
mix their dark italian espresso with columbian peaks 50/50 and grind
fresh for every pot . A nice deep full flavor without an acid bite . I
prefer a burr grinder over the whirling blades , much easier to get a
uniform grind .Â* Only downside I've found is that restaurant coffee most
of the time is pretty weak - as my friend Wally said the other day "You
can taste the water in it." .

I used to blend a 50/50 mix of 8 o'clock and Hills Brothers Columbian.
That was the only coffee guests would praise and ask what brand I used.
The 8 o'clock has no bite at all. Excellent coffee otherwise, but I'd drink it like water
if brewed alone. That was 30 years ago.
Restaurant coffee is usually bad enough that we always take our coffee maker and fixings
and a thermos with us on vacations.