Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating system upgrade

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 10:56:16 UTC, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 21:33:10 +0000 (GMT+00:00), TheChief
wrote:

When old boiler has been removed, run mains pressure water through
every segment of pipe work. Put fine gauze on the open-to-drain
end of pipe so you can see the nature and volume of crud removed.
Do this thoroughly and it will clear the system much better than
power flushing.

If you are doing as much flushing as you are, maybe rent something like:

http://www.rothenberger.com/en/produkte/-/55-ropuls-flushing-compressor-for-scouring-and-cleaning-of-heating-systems-andflushing-of-drinking-water-pipes-according-to-din-19882/

Water-air mix pulsed through the pipes...

Thomas Prufer

You can take it all apart, hire a pulsing job etc, but probably none of it's necessary. Just fit a filter and add some cleaner, and be prepared to every the filter several times.

I'd recommend a filter with a filter mesh, not just magnet, much more effective. About £45 new on ebay, I forget the brand.

NT