Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Analog Digital Micrometer

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 16:31:43 -0500
"Phil Kangas" wrote:

My 6" Mitutoyo is not a battery eater! In fact, the battery
lasts a surprisingly long time and is never even turned off.

I've noticed others saying the same about their more expensive
versions...

There are a couple hacks I've come across, like adding bigger batteries:

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/362

This guy has a 3d printed mod to disconnect the battery:

https://cults3d.com/en/tool/caliper-battery-saver

I've been working on my own mod for the 4 inch HF version. Used a
soldering iron to make a small slot to access the bottom side of the
battery compartment. Probably be using a small strip of plastic from an
old yogurt carton to slip underneath the battery. Currently the battery
is too snug to get underneath. Looks like I'll have to make a new
battery compartment cover to get it too work...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b